Hey, Phoenix people! It’s me again, Caitlin Sievers, your host for the Phoenix Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Clear all day. High: 86 Low: 70.
Here are the best stories today in Phoenix:
- State suspended teaching diplomas of a former teacher at Carl Hayden Community High School, nine months after police accused him of sexual misconduct with a student. Stephane Escudero will not be licensed to teach in Arizona until the National Board of Education examines the allegations and take a vote on its certification. (12 news)
- An attempt to save domesticated rats to be exterminated because of an accumulation situation in Peoria did not go as planned for the Arizona Humane Society. Rescuers could not save a rat and were prohibited on property. Human society says that domesticated rats make great pets. (Phoenix Patch)
- New construction projects and renovations are taking place all over the booming city of phoenix. They go from a Addition of a 6,500 square foot restaurant and retail business to the Park Central development in the heart of the city for huge industrial parks along loop 303. Here is a list of 32 projects to watch of the Arizona Chapter of the Commercial Real Estate Development Association. (AZ Big Media)
- The whole plank who authorizes massage therapists and investigates complaints against them was fired and replaced, after a Republic of Arizona investigation into industry sexual abuse found that the board of directors did not adequately investigate any complaints or take action against offending masseurs. (KJZZ)
From our sponsor:
- Unemployment: Know Your Options – Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits. (12h)
- “Bringing Energy Choice to Arizona” webinar. (12h)
- Valley Young Professionals: Volunteer at St. Mary’s Food Bank. (1:30 p.m.)
- Revealing History – A Community Look Through Historic Arizona Newspapers. (2 p.m.)
- Reaching for the stars! NASA astronaut Jessica Meir will answer questions from the Arizona girls. (4 p.m.)
Phoenix patch notebook
- Phoenix Police Department: “HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY AND RETIRED SOLDIER! The Soldier is a Labrador Retriever and has worked with PPD for six years. He is celebrating his birthday today and retiring this week! He enjoys training with the mine clearance team. other explosives detection K9s. When he is on leave he enjoys swimming in the pool and playing with his family. ” (Facebook)
- Arizona Humanitarian Society: “Lend a paw to these Hurricane Ida survivors!” After surviving Hurricane Ida and a 22 hour trip to Arizona, Bruno, Frisp and Greg’s luck ended. These three puppies were unfortunately diagnosed with heartworm disease. common problem for dogs in the South where pesky mosquitoes pass it on to unsuspecting pets. Now Bruno, Frisp, and Greg are all looking for Foster Heroes that will open up their home and allow them to recuperate and get some much-needed healing. ” (Facebook)
- Phoenix City Department of Water Services: “Fall is officially here! As you begin to think about beautifying your landscape, keep in mind these 10 simple tips for having a sustainable desert garden.” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Seminar on Social Security (Oct. 5)
- Retirement Tax Webinar (Oct 5)
- Co-Parenting While On Vacation – Scottsdale, AZ Hub ~ Free Webinar (October 6)
- Self-Defense and Empowerment Workshop (Oct 8)
- Add your event
Concerts and services:
Alright, all is well for today. I’ll see you soon! If you notice these newsletters, consider engaging some of your friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Caitlin sievers
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Phoenix Daily? Email me at [email protected]